Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve windsurfing at Sebonac

The last time it was blowin' NW 20-35 mph at Sebonic Inlet, I was stuck on shore with too much board and sail, wistfully snapping photos of jumps and jibes. This time, however, I was able to do both, riding the 89L Naish with a 5.2m to join in the fun, while taking some action shots during breaks. About 10-15 windsurfers took advantage of the Christmas Eve windfest, jumping, carving and having a great time. The photos are the real highlight of this post, so please check them out (preferably in full size) in this Flickr set: Sebonic Inlet - Christmas Eve '06. My two favorites include the one above (anyone know who that is?) and this one of Jon Ford shredding chop:


I, on the other hand, had a tough time struggling with poorly positioned harness lines and occasionally fluky winds. My arms quickly became tired, and after my first jump, I ended up catapulting, twice. This was my 3rd or 4th time on this shorter board, and after my previous successes, I realize I'm back at the bottom of the learning curve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...