Monday, April 17, 2006

A Blog is Born: Windsurfing the East End

After finding a surprising lack of blog sites dedicated to Windsurfing (Giampaolo Cammarota's Maui Windsurf Report is a notable exception), I've decided to start one of my own to share my passion (borderline addiction) with other wind-crazed surfers.

Most of my surfing is done on the East End of Long Island, NY, on Peconic Bay between the North and South Forks (Google Map), and on the Atlantic Ocean near the Shinnecock Inlet. Two weeks ago I scoped out Napeague Harbor and Bay, which are supposed to be great spots (Google Map). Elsewhere in the world, I've surfed the Outer Banks of NC (March 06), Tarifa, Spain (July 03) and Canada's Crystal Beach/Thunder Bay on Lake Erie (Sept 02 & 04).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...