Friday, July 21, 2006

First Planing Jibe - Woohoo!

A new milestone today: my first planing jibe! After what was probably 100 attempts, I was quite surprised to find the sail right in front of me after the flip, and my feet balanced in the right spot. I just grabbed on and planed right out of the turn -- sweet victory! The trick that did it for me was keeping pressure on the inside rail, and sliding the outside foot across the centerline.

And now the bad news: while getting ready to beach-start, I noticed a crack in the board's nose (Mistral Synchro 116). It must have come from surfing in Beryl the previous day, likely a catapult or crash of some sort, but I was having too much fun to even realize it. Anyway, I quickly got back to shore, pulled out the screw and let the water drain out overnight. The next morning I swung by Windsurfing Hamptons, and left my baby in the hands of Jon Ford for repair. Now comes a week's wait - at least I've still got my Go board...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...